Villa Marcello Loredan Franchin 
Villa Marcello Loredan Franchin - la Barchessa
shadow shadow

The History

The name “Prà di Levada” originates from the fact that this was the highest point in the area (at the time a marsh) and was crossed by the “Annia” – a Roman consular road of which there are still some remains (Roman Bridge).

In 1490, the compound was donated by Pope Innocent VIII to the Monastry of Santa Maria degli Angeli.

The villa and the Barchessa were built at the end of the ‘500 and the little church, where religious ceremonies are often held, dates back to 1668, to the time of the Mother Abbess Marcello Loredan, as indicated by the dates that can be found on the façade.

In the course of the centuries, the Barchessa underwent a number of transformations. It was owned by the Franchetti Barons who further modified the structure giving it its current aspect.

In the early 1900s, the businessman Giuseppe Franchin bought the villa from Baron Jacopo Franchetti and is, to this day, still owned by the Franchin family.

Under the supervision of the current owner, Margherita Franchin, and of the Cultural Heritage Commission for the Venetian Villas, the Barchessa has been restructured to highlight the preciousness and purity of its lines (palladium frontal view).

 

horizontal bar

Villa Marcello Loredan Franchin ©
C.F. FRNMGH48T58L736D
P.IVA 03173140272

Home PageWhat we offerHow to get hereContactsOur History